We’re a team of passionate, dedicated individuals who love finding technical solutions to difficult problems for our clients.
Algoryx Simulation is a leading provider of software and services for visual and interactive physics based simulation. Algoryx currently provides three products, AGX Dynamics and Algoryx Momentum for the professional market and Algodoo for the education market. In addition, AGX Dynamics is OEM licensed and integrated into many end user simulation and simulator solutions. Algoryx engages a team of developers and researches, many with more than 15 years of experience in interactive simulation. Together we have designed and developed a next generation physics engine with fidelity, performance, functionality and extensibility that surpasses all comparable solutions on the market.
Algoryx Simulation AB was formed as a spin-out from Umeå University in 2007, involving researches from the High Performance Computing Centre North (HPC2N), VRlab, and the departments of Computing Science and Physics. Recently these academic research groups have formed a new center, UMIT, which is now one of the leading centers in northern Europe in computational science and engineering. Algoryx is also a result of a long and prosperous R&D collaboration between Umeå university and a previous (1999) spin-out company Oryx Simulations AB, today a global leader in the vehicle simulator market.
Our ambition is to offer the number one solutions for interactive multiphysics simulations in the world. We believe that visual and interactive multiphysics simulation is one of the true challenges in science, and a strong enabling technology for the industry, as well as for education, for many decades to come. We keep a strong position by always leveling up and pushing to find new techniques, processes and products that excel over comparable solutions on the market. Close collaboration with academic research is important to us, and we invite researchers, students and projects to collaborate with us.
Meet the team
- Kenneth Bodin CEO, Co-founderCEO, Co-founder
- Anders Backman CTO, Co-founderCTO, Co-founder
- Johan Hedengran Sales executiveSales executive
- Peter NorlindhProduct ManagerProduct Manager
- Claude Lacoursiere Co-founder and scientistCo-founder and scientist
- Martin Servin Co-founder and scientistCo-founder and scientist
- Emanuel Dahlberg Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Fredrik Nordfeldth Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Joel Carlquist Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Martin Nilsson Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Mattias Linde Senior developerSenior developer
- Michael Brandl Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Niklas Melin Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Nils Hjelte Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
- Tomas Berglund Senior R&D engineerSenior R&D engineer
Umeå — Where we live and work
Umeå is one of Sweden’s fastest growing cities. The average age of the 114 000 people who live in Umeå is 38. They intend to increase their numbers — the goal is to pass the 200 000 figure before 2050. The city offers world-class art, drama, films, industries, music and research. Umeå aims to attract more companies, break new construction records and, not least become the European Capital of Culture 2014.