AGX Dynamics 2.19 brings a lot to the table for real time simulation of multi physics
AGX Dynamics is well known for its fast and stable direct solver. In 2.19 we have improved the performance:
- Multifrontal factorizer means that we are now able to utilize multi-core even for tightly coupled direct solved systems. For larger constraint systems you should see a performance gain with more than 1 threads
- Warm starting for constraints. A heuristic model for warmstarting of ordinary constraints (not contact) is implemented which can give performance gain.
- We have experienced up to 20% performance gain in large customer models
- This release also improves the wire simulation with a more realistic wire contact model.
- The Python scripting capabilities are extended with new features allowing for fast prototyping of dynamics simulations.
- Python scripting is now used to bridge AGX Dynamics to Matlab/Simulink
This module can be used to measure stress/contact/impact that occurs on a cable during simulation.
Below is a video that demonstrates this feature in a Python environment.
A completely new module for simulating vehicles with tracks are now available in AGX.
This video shows one of the tutorials available in the new release:
A new fracture model is available for automatically breaking up rigid bodies into convex set of smaller bodies. Tutorials are available in both Python and C++.
Algoryx contact information
CTO and co-founder